A question many pet owners may be wondering is, “can bearded dragons eat lightning bugs?”
The short answer is no; bearded dragons can’t eat lightning bugs. Due to the toxicity and other issues we’ll cover, it’s not a good idea for your beardie to eat lightning bugs.
In this article, we’ll take a dive into the reasons you should never feed lightning bugs to your bearded dragon.
Is It Safe For Bearded Dragons To Eat Lightning Bugs?
No, it’s not safe for your bearded dragon to eat lightning bugs.
Since they are toxic and poisonous, it’s best not to feed them to your bearded dragon at all.
Are Lightning Bugs Toxic To Bearded Dragons?
Yes. Please contact your veterinarian if you notice your beardie acting different.
They’ll be able to assist you and identify the best solution for each particular scenario.
That’s everything you need to know about whether or not bearded dragons can eat lightning bugs.
Due to the toxicity and the fact they are toxic and poisonous, you should not feed them to your bearded dragon in any situation.
And don’t forget, you should consult your veterinarian if you find your beardie acting funny after eating lightning bugs.