A question many reptile owners may be asking is, “can bearded dragons eat dead insects?”
The fast answer is no; bearded dragons can’t eat dead insects. Due to the toxicity and other issues we’ll cover, it’s not a good idea for your beardie to eat dead insects.
In this article, we’ll take a look into the reasons you should never feed dead insects to your bearded dragon.
Is It Safe For Bearded Dragons To Eat Dead Insects?
No, it’s not safe for your bearded dragon to eat dead insects.
Since they may have parasites or bacteria while having no moisture, it’s best not to feed them to your bearded dragon at all.
Are Dead Insects Toxic To Bearded Dragons?
Potentially. Please contact your veterinarian if you notice your beardie acting funny.
They’ll be able to assist you and identify the best solution for each particular scenario.
That’s everything you need to know about whether or not bearded dragons can eat dead insects.
Due to the toxicity and the fact they may have parasites or bacteria while having no moisture, you shouldn’t feed them to your bearded dragon in any situation.
And don’t forget, you should consult your veterinarian if you find your beardie acting funny after eating dead insects.